Roasted pepper sauce is a delicious and savoury condiment prepared with yellow peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil.
It ranges from the more subtle flavour of a small amount to go with meals to sauces with a more intense flavour and additional ingredients.
Why yellow pepper?
I never considered the colour of the pepper when cooking it. On the one hand, I love to cook with different shades of peppers.
I used yellow pepper in this roasted sauce recipe because they have a sweet taste that complements the spiciness and heat from roasting.
Also, they have a smooth consistency and don’t break down when exposed to heat. But the red pepper has a more spicy and tangy taste than yellow pepper.
The ingredients you can choose
2 no yellow pepper
2 no large red tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
5 to 6 cloves of garlic
1/3 tbsp crushed pepper
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon juice
Easy steps to make roasted pepper sauce
- Washed yellow pepper, and cut it medium roughly. Marinate with olive oil, salt, garlic, crushed pepper, and paprika.
2. Preheat the griller pan. Drizzle with olive oil, Place the marinated yellow pepper, and grill all over the side.
3. Bring the tomatoes, wash them—cut wedges. Place them on the pan. Sprinkle salt, crushed pepper, and garlic.
4. The roasted tomato and yellow pepper are removed from the pan, kept in a bowl, and kept aside for cool.
5. Then blend in a blender. Blend until it gives a smooth texture. Then transfer into a bowl.
Add lemon juice. Mix well. Check the seasoning; if need adds some. The roasted pepper tomato sauce is the perfect dip for the appetizer, tacho, and baked dishes.
Uses of pepper sauce
- Roasted pepper sauce is perfect match for a variety of dishes. It is sweet and spicy, in addition it gives add an extra zing to sandwiches, hot dogs, pizza, and other dishes.
- Pepper sauce is a versatile condiment used in a wide range of dishes while being low-calorie and low-carbohydrate.
- The uses of roasted pepper sauce is great for adding flavour to your meals. It gives food a kick of spice and also tastes great when mixed with honey.
- You can use it as a marinade or dipping sauce for chicken, fish, vegetables, and tofu. It also adds flavour to stews, soups, sauces, eggs dishes, etc.
Yellow pepper & tomato sauce
Serving Size3 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories132
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
- Sodium 1328mg 56%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 3%
- Sugars 1g
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- Pepper sauces are delicious and have health benefits, which makes them suitable to include in our diet.
- It has many health benefits, such as improving digestion and metabolism, reducing inflammation, and increasing sexual appetite.
- It also contains lots of minerals such as potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C.