Tomato bocconcini salad is an Italian traditional salad, it consists of tomato, bocconcini cheese, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Bocconcini cheese, smaller than fresh mozzarella cheese.
it is one type of homemade cheese. It is whitish colour and fresh in nature. Some of the tomato, bocconcini salad recipe, using cherry tomato instead of plum tomato, dressed with the olive oil and lemon juice and basil leaves.
Originally, Tomato bocconcini salad dressed with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, the beauty combination of balsamic and bocconcini cheese for this.
I know its very simple and easy recipe, but I can’t never forget that its most popular and classical salad of Italian cuisine. It is one of the healthy salad in the world. Now a days the most of the people, prefer the home made cheese or soft cheese like buffalo mozzarella, goat cheese, ricotta cheese, mascarpone and cream cheese due to its smooth in nature.
Calories present in this salad recipe that are………
119 calories of Olive Oil, (1 tbsp)
40 calories of bocconcini mini balls
13 calories of Red Ripe Tomatoes, (1 plum tomato)
8 calories of Balsamic Vinegar, (1 tbsp )
Approximately 219 calories present in this salad recipe.
TOMATO BOCCONCINI SALAD
- 450 gm Ripe tomato
- 240 gm Bocconcini cheese
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Reduction Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil leaves
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Roman lettuce
- 1/2 cup Whole olives
- Cut the tomato wedges and bocconcini cheese.
- In a bowl, mix combine together with vegetable, cheese and olive oil,salt pepper basil leaves and little balsamic vinegar. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving salad bowl, spread with balsamic vinegar and garnishing with olive.