The Indian spicy chicken tikka recipe originated from the dish of Indian cuisine, which is served as an appetizer or salad.
The spicy chicken salad recipe features tender oven-cooked chicken seasoned with a zesty spicy yogurt dressing or lemon dressing. Then cut into small pieces and tossed together with cool, refreshing vegetables.
How to make chicken tikka for the salad recipe
The spicy chicken salad, It prepares with boneless chicken that is marinated in yogurt, spices, and other ingredients. Traditionally it served as an appetizer.
1) First of all, cut the chicken leg boneless into small pieces which are about 3cm long and 1cm wide. Marinate with Indian spices, lemon juice, mustard oil, cilantro, and yogurt.
2) Keep aside for at least 30 minutes. Originally it cooks in a clay oven, if you do not have it, you can cook in an oven or grill it.
3) It is easy to cook in an oven for 7 to 8 minutes at 172 degrees C.
The best dressing for spicy chicken tikka salad recipe
A dressing is a sauce that you put on your chicken salad spicy to make it tastier. The most common types of salad dressings are lemon-based or yogurt mint-based. You can always mix and match the two and choose what you like best!
It emulsifies with salad oil, lemon juice, black salt, chopped cilantro, chat masala, cumin powder, and paprika.
One of the simplest and most versatile dressings you can make is a lemon-based dressing. You can use this dressing with any kind of greens that you like, or serve it as a dipping sauce for crudités. And it is the best pair with spicy chicken tikka salad.
Mint yogurt-based dressing is prepared by blending together fresh mint leaves, yogurt, garlic, chilies, and lemon juice. Until the mixture has the consistency of a thin sauce.
The sauce is tangy and spicy, while the addition of yogurt balances the heat. One of the yogurt-based dressings is the perfect combination with the chicken tikka spicy salad recipe.
10 Vegetables Perfect for spicy Chicken Tikka Salad
Chicken tikka with vegetables
1) Carrots: Carrots are a perfect addition to your chicken tikka salad. Because it adds a soft crunchy texture that can be mixed with the onions and peppers.
2) Cucumbers: Cucumbers are a very common ingredient in Indian dishes and salads. And it provides a cooling tone to the meal.
3) Lettuce – Both lettuce and chicken tikka are healthy options that are best pairs, because of their low-calorie content.
4) Red onion – It is a pungent, juicy, and sweet-flavored member of the onion family used as an ingredient in many dishes.
5) Garlic – It is a species in the onion family that has numerous culinary, medicinal, and other uses.
6) Cilantro – Cilantro, also known as coriander. It has a refreshing and zesty flavor that pairs well with spicy foods like tikka masala or chicken tikka salad.
7) Tomato – Tomatoes are not only rich in lycopene, but they are also loaded with vitamins A, B, C, and K. Tomatoes are versatile and can be eaten raw or cooked. They pair well with chicken tikka salad because the tomatoes make the salad tasteless oily.
8) Bell pepper – With their crunchy texture and bright colors, bell peppers are a great addition to an entree. They also add a fruity flavor to the dish without adding too many calories.
9) Mint– Mint is a versatile herb that pairs well with Indian salads. But the most common pairings are with chicken tikka salad.
10) Lemon– Combining the Indian flavors, lemon and chicken tikka salad make for a surprisingly delicious combination.
2 servings per container
Serving Size2 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories467
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6%
- Sodium 83mg 4%
- Potassium 178mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10%
- Sugars 4.7g
- Protein 39.6g 80%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.