The red cabbage vinaigrette salad is a colorful and delicious recipe. It combines the color of a rainbow with the rich taste of a classic autumnal salad. It’s packed with vitamins A, C, and E and is perfect for the coldest days of winter. You can make it ahead of time and serve it at a dinner party with friends and family.
The dressing is easy to make, and the salad can be prepared ahead of time, making it a snap to prepare. Instead of vinaigrette, you can dress with mint chutney, cilantro sauce, and honey mayo dressing.
The red cabbage salad is made with a zesty ginger vinaigrette and serves as a side dish or second course. It can be easily veganized by replacing blue cheese with feta. This dish is an excellent choice for any meal! This recipe makes a great vegetarian or vegan salad.
Vinaigrette dressing is a delicious and healthy way to top your salad. It is a simple preparation of vinegar, oil, herbs and spices that serves as the perfect complement to salads. Preparation of your best salad depends on using the best marinades, what you prefer.
There are many types of vinaigrette, and one of the most popular is the mustard vinaigrette, which is prepared by mixing mustard, oil, vinegar and herbs.
I prepare the vinaigrette dressing with apple cider vinegar, salt, crushed pepper, salad oil, and oregano for the red cabbage salad. It can well pair with leaf salad, like lettuce, green onions, and spinach salad.
Tips for salad
- You can prepare this salad up to 48 hours ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- If you have leftover cabbage, you can save the salad in the refrigerator and enjoy it whenever you want. You can re-dress it as needed and enjoy it the next day.
- To make the red cabbage vinaigrette salad, you should trim the leaves and finely shred them. Ensure the cabbage is crisp and tightly wound, or it won’t taste as good as it looks. It may be a bit tough to cut, but it’s worth the effort to make the salad look delicious.
- There is no need to cook the cabbage for this salad recipe; more nutrients get when you eat raw with the appropriate dressings.
- Choose the dressing. (vinaigrette, mint, cilantro, honey mustard mayo, and creamy sauce)
- Half red cabbage (2 cup shreaded)
- 2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp salad oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black sliced olives
- 1 tbsp green sliced olives
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- A scoop of ripe mango pulp
- Sun-dried tomato
How to make
To make a red cabbage salad –
- Shred cabbage, wash well under running cold water, strain well, and keep in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare a bowl and place all of the ingredients in it. Combine salt, sugar, apple cider vinegar, crushed pepper, salad oil, and dried oregano in a measuring jug.
- Then, pour the dressing over the cabbage and massage it in.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two, and then add the remaining ingredients. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Then transfer it into a salad bowl with avoiding liquid.
- Scoop the mango pulp and place on top of a salad, adding sliced olives and sundried tomato.
- Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle crushed pepper, and herbs.
- Serve cold.
8 servings per container
Serving Size2 g
- Amount Per ServingCalories289
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.4g 12%
- Sodium 148mg 7%
- Potassium 918mg 27%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 11.5g 46%
- Sugars 19.6g
- Protein 5.9g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.