Everyone wants to do that, how to make a quick and easy salad at home in our busy schedule. Nowadays, people have much busy at their work schedule for living in society. Hence, they do not have much time to prepare a complicated meal and menu plan for them.
Salads are an important part of a healthy diet. When you make your own salad quick at home, you know what is in it and how it was made.
A salad is an easy way to get your recommended daily servings of vegetables, fruit, protein, and dairy.
Salads are versatile because they can be made with any kind of vegetables or fruits that you like to eat. You can also add different types of foods to change up the flavors for more variety.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Traditional Greek Salad
- Nicoise Salad
- Salmon Tartare
- Tomato Caprese
- Fattoush Salad
- Broccoli and raisin
- Feta Melon
Greek Salad make at home
Greek salads are generally made with a variety of vegetables, herbs, and spices. The salad is often topped with chunks of feta cheese or pita bread.
It’s a traditional and easy, quick salad dish originating from Greece. It can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish along with the main meal.
- Before making the salad you should sure that all vegetables are washed properly and knife, chopping board should be cleaned.
- Cut the tomatoes, chunk size, and cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into thick halves.
- Cut the red onion and bell pepper, medium dice size.
- Take a salad mixing bowl, place everything in a bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and oregano in its mix very gently by spoon.
- Then pour in a salad bowl and place the diced feta cheese and Kalamata olive, and sprinkle a little dried oregano and serve.
Nicoise Salad (Quick and easy salad)
A Nicoise is a traditional French home salad with the main ingredients of potatoes, green beans, and large eggs.
It is also served with tuna and anchovies. The Nicoise salad got its name from the region of France called the Pays de la Loire.
- 2 no Large eggs
- 1 no Potatoes
- 1 no Canned Tuna
- Ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- 1 no Red tomatoes
- 8-10 cubes Bell Pepper
- 4-5 no Blanched French beans
- 4-5 no Nicoise olives
- 2-3 no Baby radish.
- A handful Heart of Roman lettuce
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 no Red onion
- At first, washed all vegetables thoroughly in cold running water.
- Boil the eggs in a large saucepan, cover with water to 1 inch above eggs. Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; cool in ice water 5 minutes. Peel eggs; cut each egg into 4 slices.
- At the same time boil the potato, until it’s done, drain well, and cool it.
- Dice all vegetables, remember potato, egg, and tomato should cut like wedges.
- Combine in a salad mixing bowl remaining salt, oil, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add tomatoes and olives; toss, eggs, potatoes, beans, and anchovies and hearts of romaine lettuce, sliced baby radish, and Red wine vinegar.
- Mix it well and Served in a salad bowl with top of Nicoise olives.
Salmon Tartare Salad Appetizer
Salmon tartare recipe mix with capers, shallot, chives, dill, and avocado together. It has been popular for many years. It is one of the dishes that are very easy to make because it only requires a couple of ingredients, which are all available in almost every grocery store.
This mixture can keep in the fridge for up to 2 hours until you are ready to serve. When ready to serve, mix with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper, to taste.
- 2- 3 slices Smoked salmon
- 1 no Ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Iceberg lettuce
- Well wash the iceberg lettuce and shredded it.
- Scoop the avocado pulp and dice by sharpening knife into approximately ½-1 cm cubes.
- Mix with chopped shallots, salt, lemon juice, and pepper.
- In a bowl take smoke diced salmon mixed with the same ingredients and capers, this mixture keeps in the freezer for up to 2 hours.
- Then shredded lettuce mix with mayo and add salt, pepper.
- Whenever all are ready to serve to take a mold, first place the remaining shredded lettuce in the mold then shredded mayo and mixture of avocado press down gently and firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Then at the last place, the smoked salmon mixture on top it and serve with parsley sprig.
Tomato Caprese quick and easy salad
The Caprese salad is a staple dish that is found on every Italian restaurant menu. The name “Caprese” comes from the word “capers”, which are small pickled flower buds or berries that are usually placed on the dish.
The Caprese salad is usually made with tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, and olive oil. The ingredients are often mixed together and then sprinkled with salt and pepper to taste. Because tomatoes are so juicy, this dish can be served at any time of day without any problems.
- 180 gm fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 no Plum Tomato large
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- as per required Salt, crushed pepper
- Fresh basil
- 2 tbsp Pesto sauce
- 4 no Cherry tomato
- Light blanch the tomatoes and skin out from this, let’s cool and cut thick slices.
- Take mozzarella cheese and cut like the same as a tomato. Marinate with olive oil, salt, crushed pepper, and fine julienne of basil leaves.
- In a salad plate, place tomato and cheese slice accordingly add just put pesto sauce on top of this.
- Before serving, garnish with cherry tomato and basil spring.