When you are looking for an easy recipe to make, then you will want to consider making your own home-style paratha chicken curry recipe. It’s a very good and simple way to get a meal that you can prepare in your own kitchen.
If you are making paratha chicken curry at-home style, you will need a lot of fresh herbs, spices, and root spices like onions, garlic, and ginger.
You can also add some coconut milk if you want to make it a creamier dish. You can use any of these ingredients to help give it a unique flavor and to make it healthier too.
HOME STYLE INDIAN DISHES
TAWA PARATHA RECIPE
CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
300 gm curry cut chicken
3 no large onion
3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 no large tomatoes
Whole garam masala
1 tbsp chilly powder
1 tbsp ground garam masala
1/2 tbsp turmeric
5 no whole green chilies
1/4 cup cashew nut paste
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
Salt as required
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup yogurt
- Washed chicken, and strain well. Marinate the chicken with little oil, ginger garlic paste, salt, chilly powder, salt, and yogurt. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Sliced onion, and tomato. Slit chilies.
- Take a heavy skillet frying pan. Heat vegetable oil on an over medium fire. Add the whole garam masala. Stir it.
- Then put sliced onion, stir until reaches golden brown color. Then add ginger garlic paste, again stirring for a couple of minutes. Add sliced tomatoes, cooked well.
- After this, add cashew nut paste, cook for a couple of minutes. Then add all spices with salt, and again cook.
- Add marinated chicken, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes without adding water. Between this time, you must stir continuously to avoid masala stick at the bottom.
- Put 2 cups of water, and cover. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Check the seasoning. Finally, add chopped coriander leaves.
- Remove the chicken curry, and serve hot with fresh Tawa paratha.
The other way to prepare the chicken is to just cook it in a pot, add salt and pepper and let the chicken simmer for about half an hour. You can always add some more spices and flavor if you like.
paratha & chicken curry Nutrition
2 servings per container
Serving Size2 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories834
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12.6g 63%
- Cholesterol 112mg 38%
- Sodium 90mg 4%
- Potassium 495mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 12%
- Sugars 4.3g
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Accompaniment of paratha
Accompaniment chicken curry
- Onion salad
- Indian papad
- Steamed rice/ any flavoured rice
The Indian-style chicken curry with paratha recipe is a favorite of many Asian cultures. This dish was a staple in every kitchen in India for a long time and now it is available in many other countries also, including America.
Tawa Paratha with Chicken curry is a traditional recipe, not one that is created to get it to be a fast meal. This Indian chicken curry recipe has many different spices that will give your taste buds a kick but still give you the satisfaction of a healthy dish.
Best way to marinate the chicken
There are many ways to prepare this traditional Indian-style chicken curry paratha recipe. You can cook it with chicken pieces that are marinated, or you can marinate it without using anything.
Some people like the taste of the marinade that is left on their chicken while the rest do not want to have marinade in their dish.
This is the time that you need to be careful because you do not want your dish to get too spicy. Marinated chicken gives the best result for any chicken recipe in Indian cuisine.
- You can always put some yogurt on top of your marinade for some extra good bacteria to work with any chicken recipe.
2. Add some garlic and onion and then marinate the chicken in this yogurt.
3. You can keep adding yogurt to marinate for the next day or you can freeze it so you can have some for a week.