Melted brie is a type of cheese that has been melted down and combined with other ingredients, like onion rings.
With the proliferation of foodie culture in recent years, it’s no surprise that food and dining are some of the most searched topics on Google. There are plenty of snacks to choose from. But one that combines two of the most popular dishes is melted brie with onion rings.
What is Melted Brie?
Melted brie is a rich and creamy cheese spread, or topped with Onion rings. This is traditionally served with baguette slices, apple slices, celery sticks, or crackers. And also it can be served with crudités like celery or carrots, crackers, crostini, bread as well as other desserts like or apple turnovers.
Melted brie is a French dish that was first made in the 1980s by Chef Jean-François Piège. It was created to be served at room temperature. And became popular in the 1990s because of its simplicity and versatility.
The Brie cheese can be used as an hors d’oeuvre, snack, or appetizer. While at parties like weddings or cocktail hours.
Benefits of Brie Cheese
The benefits of melty brie cheese are that it melts easily, making it perfect for spreading on toast or dipping crackers into. It has high levels of protein and calcium to help you stay full longer and stay strong.
Melted brie cheese is good for your heart. It contains high levels of calcium and low levels of fat so it can be a healthy snack with any recipe.
What’s the Best Way to Melt Brie?
Four ways to melt brie:
– On a grill over indirect heat until the cheese is warm and gooey, about 10 minutes total, flipping once halfway through.
– In the oven, preheat for 5 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit then bake the piece of Brie for 5 or 6 minutes or until browned in spots.
– Place a piece of brie in an ovenproof dish with a slice of ham on top and bake until the ham starts to brown, 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Place a piece of brie in a microwave-safe dish on top of 2 butter wrappers.
Favorite Ways to Serve Melted Brie
Melted brie is a popular French cheese that is served in many different ways. Here are some of my favorites:
-Toast bread and top with melted brie and thyme
-Cut off the crusts from of bread slices, then spread with brie and honey mustard
-In a skillet, melt butter with chopped shallots. Add a handful of fresh thyme leaves then cook until well softened. Add finely grated apple and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove thyme leaves, stir in a knob of runny honey, season to taste with salt and pepper then top bread slices with the mixture.
-Add chopped fresh chives to melted brie before spreading on toast.
1 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories843
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 38.3g 192%
- Cholesterol 184mg 62%
- Sodium 1316mg 55%
- Potassium 342mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 33.8g 68%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.