Mashed Potatoes is a starchy vegetable dish, which accompaniment for especially Grilled or baked meat dishes in continental cuisine. It offers a smooth and creamy texture with a little flavour of nutmeg.
Mashed potatoes consisting of Potatoes, Cooking Cream, Butter, grated nutmeg, and salt. Most people like it as an accompaniment with any main-course dishes.
Except for accompaniment, the people many times like have only mashed potatoes during Lunch, and Dinner time. It counts as one of the healthy food dishes. You can serve with any salmon grilled dish, mix grilled meat, and any baked or grilled chicken dishes as a side dish along with a vegetable.
Mashed potatoes, culinary uses
Potato is a staple vegetable in Indian Cuisine. The most of popular dishes prepared from potato in Indian Cuisine. Masala Dosa is prepared from potato, and spice, which is very popular in any corner of the Indian.
Aloo jeera, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Aloo masala, and aloo chokha dishes also prepared from Potatoes. Not only this dish but also the Indian people use potato in most of the gravy items.
- 2 no Large potatoes
- 1/2 cup Cooking Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Nutmeg grated
- Peel the potatoes, washed well with cold water. Sliced the potato, and Keep aside.
- Boil the water in a saucepan, put sliced potato. Boil until the potatoes not done.
- Strain the potatoes, in a conical strainer, and mashed with a whisker.
- Bring a frying pan, heat butter, and put the mashed potatoes on a slow fire.
- Add cooking cream, salt, and grated nutmeg. Again whisk well together with a slow medium fire. Optional, you can add little sugar.
- Served as a side dish.