Know about Lebanese cuisine and their food.
Lebanese hummus is a Lebanese cold dip, for vegetable crudites, breadstick and Arabic flatbread.
The truth is, hummus has been made all over these areas for hundreds of years, a dish likely imported west from the chickpea-growing Arab countries to Greece.
On my last visit to Lebanon, I lost weight, although I used to be eating non-stop. Pulses make up for the protein richness of the meat and in a much more healthy yet tasty way. Nobody gets as far because the main course if they’ve eaten mezze platter.
The Lebanese people’s attitude to food and their vision of what they need out of a meal created Lebanese mezze as we all know it today. It certainly makes food challenging and interesting both to organize also as eat, within the heavy demands of lifestyle.
Authentic Lebanese Hummus times an old day.
And now It is turned for some hummus with tahini In the old days, how did Lebanese grandparents prepare hummus with tahini? There were no mixers (Molineux) they used to get some garlic, lemon and chickpeas. They put the garlic in the plate or in a big bowl and crushed with a wooden hammer. Then they used the garlic’s paste, mix with salt, lemon juice, and chickpeas, grind with this mixture.
Though but times of today, we need to be well-cooked chickpeas in order for it to automatically be turned into a paste. For which the chickpeas become so soft that as if it will easily blend in a mixer. There is a technique in how we mix the hummus, It’s not just beating randomly. The paste needs to go in this fashion, as we mix it with the tahini in order to blend in perfectly.
You can realize, it is a really a fresh hummus with tahini plate. Add a bit of chickpea on top so that it gives additional flavour and of course the olive oil adds and some sumac as decoration In Lebanon. They use the fresh sumac others like the cumin. It makes it more edible and then finishes the plate with a small piece of mint on top we place it in the middle now you get hummus with tahini plate 100% real and fresh.
Best Tasting Hummus
- Cedar’s Hommus – Roasted Red Pepper.
- Pita Pal Original Flavor Hummus.
- Eat Well Embrace Life Edamame Hummus.
- Cedar’s Hommus – Classic Original.
- Pita Pal Roasted Garlic Hummus.
- Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
- Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus.
- Tribe Everything Hummus.
LEBANESE HUMMUS RECIPE
- Boiled chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Tahini paste
- Garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Chick peas liquid
- For hummus, you must use the high powered blender. Add all the ingredients to your blender and secure the lid tightly.
- Turn the blender on high for a couple of minutes and blend the mixture until it becomes a smooth paste if it is not just added chickpea liquid for a softer hummus.
- Transfer the hummus into a bowl and set to cool it, for which it gives a good result.
- Take the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, and mint spring with on top of whole chickpeas.
- Designed paprika by fork and serve it.