How to cook, marination, and preparation a Turkey is not difficult, but it does take a bit of time. There are many steps that go into preparing the turkey.
The roasted turkey is invented by American cuisine. But nowadays, the turkey dish has been popular around the world. The turkey dish is specially prepared during a festival season like New years, and Christmas day.
Turkey meat is commonly preferred from wild turkey and domesticated turkeys. It is one of the most popular poultry meat dishes, which comes from verities and types of turkey.
Easy preparation of cook a turkey
Turkey preparation is an easy cooking process.
- Wash the turkey inside and out to remove any sand or dirt.
- Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced onions, carrots, celery sticks, apples, lemon slices, or quarters to the bottom of the pan for added flavor.
- Place them in a shallow dish filled with water along with half of a peeled onion that has been cut in quarters.
- Place foil on top of the turkey before baking it to prevent splatter when cooking the bird’s skin.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about four hours until the meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until juices run clear when you prick the thigh with a fork.
- Finally, let it stand for resting half an hour.
The marination proces of turkey
Before cooking your turkey meat, you have to marinate this meat, and kept for several hours. It gives the best result when you will keep for 24-48 hours for the marinated turkey meat.
A marinade is one of the ways to prepare the turkey. It is also referred to as “marinating”. And it’s done by soaking meat in a liquid mixture, usual oil with spices, herbs, and other flavorings.
The marination process for turkey starts with
1. Season it with salt and pepper
2. Coat your turkey with a thick layer of homemade sauce(bbq, wine, hp sauce) and refrigerate it for at least 8 hours.
3. The next step is to remove from the chiller, and put your turkey in an airtight container with oil, onions, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and sauce which you should let soak overnight in the refrigerator.
This will take care of any unwanted bacteria on your skin’s surface so it’s safe to use raw meat. After that, place your marinated turkey into the oven.
- 1 no Turkey
- 2 cup Olive oil
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 HP sauce (250gm)
- 4 whole Garlic
- 5 sticks of Celery
- Salt / Whole pepper
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch rosemary
- Large potatoes
- 300 gm Brussel sprout
- 300 gm Baby potato
- 250 gm baby Carrot
- 300 gm Button mushroom
- 1 no cauliflower
- 12 no Broccoli
Accompaniment and side dip of cook turkey
Originally, cranberry sauce is the best accompaniment for cooking roasted turkey recipes. But here I add two more dips, that is chestnut and tomato tangy sauce. Turkey jus, you can make it sauce, and you can serve with side dip.
Turkey Bacon Roll
Roasted turkey leg with a bacon roll, is one of the most popular dishes of American cuisine. I made turkey legs instead of whole turkey birds because most people don’t want to roast a whole bird.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Put a roasting tray with a roasting rack and spray the rack with olive oil.
- Marinate the turkey legs with all the ingredients as above and place mentioned on the roasting rack. I recommend is overnight marinate turkey legs gives the best result.
- And roast for 20 minutes until the skin well browned and cover with silver foil, and keep continue roasting for again 20 minutes.
- Blanch all vegetable and saute with butter garlic. Same time roasted the marinated baby potato and keep side it.
- Make cranberry sauce with adding of liquid and make a preferable sauce for the turkey.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest, but don’t open the foil for 10 minutes before serving.
- After this served with Roasted baby potato, butter garlic vegetable and cranberry sauce.
- Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig.