Home-style Dal tadka recipe is one that is popular among Indian cuisine and is a favourite dish of the people living in the North India region.
This is also known as the ‘rice’ recipe. And it was made to serve as a part of the daily meal of the people.
The Indian recipe also includes some recipes that are not even related to food. These recipes are used to make things like “tasty, fancy”.
Home-style Indian Recipe…
You can find many such recipes in Indian cuisine, which is very much popular among people in many countries and regions.
Other interesting recipes that are part of the home-style Dal tadka recipe include the famous curry, which is widely known all over the world, apart from India itself.
Home-style dal tadka recipeCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Dal recipe is a part of the Indian cooking tradition and has been around for quite some time. This recipe originated in North India.
1 cup Toor dal
1/4 cup masoor dal
4 no garlic cloves
1 no green and red chilly whole
1/2 tbsp cumin and mustard seed
1/2 tbsp red chilly powder
1/2 tbsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp ghee
Coriander for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash well both lentils under running cold water, and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Boil water with medium fire. Put all lentils with little turmeric, and a little salt. Simmer about 20 minutes. Check lentils, if its done, remove from the fire, and keep an aside.
- Take a frying pan, heat with a low medium fire. Put ghee, when it will hot, then add cumin, and mustard seed. When tempering will start, add whole red chilly, and split of green chilly.
- Then put chopped garlic, and stir well, then add all spices, again stir for a couple of minutes.
- After this put boil lentils, and cook for a couple of minutes. check to the season, if need put as your liking.
- Garnish with sprig of coriander, roasted cumin, and ghee.
- Served with hot steamed rice.
Image of home-style dal tadka cooking style
Need to start with chopped onion, garlic, green chilly, and chopped coriander for the home-style dal tadka recipe.
Saute chopped onion, tomato, garlic, and green chilly.
Add all the ground spices like chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and roasted cumin powder.
Then add 1 ladle of hot warm water.
Simmer for couple of minutes, then add 1 ladle of boiled lentils.
Finish with seasoning, and serve along with plain rice or jeera rice.
Can we add some spices in home-style Dal tadka?
One of the main reasons that people love this dish is because of the taste. Even though it is a slightly bitter taste, the people who are fond of it have always liked it for this reason alone.
Home-style dal tadka recipe has a unique flavour that has the people of the North Indians so hooked on it.
The other good thing about the dal tadka recipe is that there is no ‘churning’ required of the rice when it is being prepared. This is another great thing that has been created in this recipe.
While making this recipe, the best way to enjoy the taste of the home-style Dal Tadka would be to add some spices.
The most common spices used in this recipe are coriander powder, cinnamon, and black cardamom powder.
However, you can also make use of any other spice if you are not too fond of these spices. You can even put a pinch of pepper in the recipe too.
The Dal Tadka recipe also includes a dash of salt and black pepper in it.
The recipe itself also has a few other ingredients that you can use to make your dish a little different from others.