“Continental menu plan for Food trial” is a common search word, for those students, who are planned for going to food trial interviews.
Yes, It is much complicated to decide, what will be your food menu for continental dishes? how should be presented? and which ingredients will use in my recipes?
Best Practices to Consider When Developing Your Continental Menu
1. Provide your target customer with a variety of dishes that are close in price and size, so they can make an easy decision on which dish to purchase.
2. Include both traditional dishes and international dishes that are representative of your own skills.
3. Make sure you have enough time to prepare more difficult menu items for late afternoon/early evening time.
Some of my favorite dishes for continental menu food trial
- Chicken stew recipe
- Minced lamb roll recipe
- Cheese skewer with basil
- Broccoli salad with raisins
- Stuffed chicken with cheese and spinach
- Creamy apple salad
- Feta and melon salad
- Onion rings with Melted Brie
- Chicken Maqluba
Before getting on with the actual process of a food trial, it is important to make a note of any negative responses and comments.
I am going to share with you, that some of the continental menu plans for food trial dishes.
If you are looking to cook with a particular brand of sauce or any ingredients. It should be mentioned in that regard on your menu for a food trial.
For example, if you are trying out Enchilada sauce, you may wish to indicate this on your menu. In case you wish to test Mexican cuisine, the ingredients should be mentioned there as well.
And some of the dishes, I listed below, you can try this…
1. Grilled Salmon Steak.
The Salmon Steak Continental Menu at Buffeted is a wonderful offering, that will have any food lover wishing for a satisfying meal.
- 1 no salmon Steak
- French beans
- A parboiled potato
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- A pinch of Crushed pepper
- Parsley For garnish
- Fresh thyme
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tbsp chop garlic
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cooking cream
- Rub and marinate the steak with salt, pepper, olive oil, Dijon mustard, chop garlic, thyme and parsley, and a little bit of salt.
- Set aside for 3 mins.
- Then blanch all vegetables and finely grate the parboiled potato.
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan adds grated potato. Mash it.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes, mix cooking cream, and finish with seasoning.
- Preheat pan. Grilled the marinated steak. Grilled well on both sides. When it cooked well, transfer to a serving plate.
- Heat olive oil in a pan add finely chopped garlic, saute vegetable adding with seasoning.
- Served hot with mashed potato, and grilled vegetable.
2. Beef Steak
It is easy to prepare, a great option is the beef-steak Continental Menu.
This menu is not as common as the other types of beefsteak dinner recipes but it can be a surprise for many people who are looking for a more traditional meal with high-quality beef and tasty sauce.
- 1 no Rib eye steak
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Chopped thyme
- As required Salt
- As required Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- For garnish Chopped parsley
- Side dish Choice of vegetables.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 no Large parboiled potato.
- Cheddar cheese. For baking
- Marinate steaks with herbs and spices. Rest for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook the steaks turn on your grill to medium-high heat it up so the steaks can be seared.
- Place steaks on the grill and grill each side for 3 minutes and check by calibrating the thermometer. If it is not done as per your liking, cook another 2 minutes.
- At the same time blanched all vegetables and saute them with butter, garlic, and seasoning.
- Then slice the parboiled potato, marinate it, and put grated cheesE. Bake it.
- Again, check your steak if it is done, remove steak from the griller and reduce heat. Put butter on the top of the steak.
- And serve with the butter, garlic vegetable, baked cheese potato, and a pepper sauce or as your choice.
3. Grilled Jumbo Prawn
Continental menu food for prawns It’s not unusual for some restaurants to have dozens of prawns displayed on the menu which makes it difficult to choose just one entree.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated lemon zest
- Salt as required
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 no Jumbo prawn
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 no Parboiled potato
- unsalted butter
- 21/4 cup Cooking cream
- 2 no Baby corn
- 1 no Small carrot
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oil, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, add the prawns, and toss them to coat them well.
- Marinates the prawn and covered, chilled, 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, boil water and blanched the vegetable, drain it. Saute with butter and garlic with seasoning.
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan adds finely grated potato mix by a whisker, add cream and salt, a little parsley.
- Grill the herb-coated prawns on a preheated grill for each side, until they are cooked through.
- Serve with mashed potato, grilled vegetable, and lemon butter sauce.
4. Stuffed Risotto Squid
Continental risotto food, is a type of rice dish which originated in Italy. It consists of mixing white rice along with different kinds of seasonal vegetables.
- 1 no Squid
- 60 gm Risotto rice
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp cooking cream
- 1 tbsp White wine
- 1 tbsp Chop onion
- 1/2 tbsp Chop garlic
- To taste Salt
- As required Crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- A sprig Thyme
- Little Saffron
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 4 no Plum tomato
- Basil leaves
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a heavy saucepan. Put chopped onion, garlic, and Stir it.
- Add risotto rice, stir it, then add chicken stock and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine, cheese, salt, and pepper, cook for more minutes, and finishing with cooking cream and saffron. Set it aside to cool.
- When cool, Spoon the rice into the squid, leaving a bit of space at the top. Lightly shake the bodies to make sure the filling reaches the tip, and marinate with oil, garlic, thyme, and parsley chop.
- Make tomato basil sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan, add chopped onion and garlic, stir for some time, then add blanched chopped tomato cooked for 15 minutes finishing with salt, pepper, and chopped basil leaves.
- Grilled the squid on the preheated griller.
- Whenever done squid, serve with basil tomato sauce and garnish with remaining chop parsley.
5. Beef Surf and Turf, continental menu plan.
Why not check out one of the many selections of food on the new Continental Beef Menu? With recipes that are inspired by the Southwestern regions of the world, this beef dish is as convenient as it is tasty.
- 1 no Beef tenderloin
- 2 no Peeled prawn
- Fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 no White onion
- 2 tbsp demi-glaze
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Green peppercorn
- 1/2 tbsp Finely chopped garlic
- 2 cup Beef stock
- 4 no Button mushroom
- Take a mixing bowl. Put oil, chives, salt, chopped garlic, thyme, and parsley. Mix well with tenderloin steak. Keep aside for a couple of minutes.
- In a heavy skillet pan, toss the peeled prawns with, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped thyme, and pepper to taste.
- Heat a high skillet pan and add the butter. Place steak on it. Seared, the tenderloin until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Using tongs, hold the meat and brown the sides.
- Checked by Thermometer and be sure it should medium rare about a cook at 125 degrees.
- Grilled the white onion and mushroom until brownish color.
- For green pepper sauce….. Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add chopped garlic, and stir it, then add beef stock boil for a couple of minutes. Add Demi-Glace powder and stir it with a whisker. Be sure to avoid lumps and add green peppercorns.
- When the steak cooked, transfer it to a serving plate.
- Serve hot.