Give an introduction of the cheesy creamy cannelloni pasta, it is most classical and signature dish of Italian cuisine. Cannelloni is a stuffed cylindrical pasta generally served , baked with covered by sauce in Italian cuisine.
Stuffed may be spinach, ricotta cheese, vegetable and you can stuff varieties of meat. This pasta is combined of sauces basically pomodoro and Bechamel with lot of cheese. This is a very special old italian dish that warms your stomach, as well as your heart. It is a labor of love, but worth every bite! of cheesy creamy cannelloni pasta.
CHEESY CREAMY CANNELLONI PASTA
- FOR DOUGH
- 150 gm All purpose flour
- 1 no Egg
- 1/2 cup Water
- FOR FILLING
- 1 no Red onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Zucchini small dice cut
- 1/2 cup Carrot small dice cut
- 1/2 cup Chopped blanch spinach
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- FOR TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 no Plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- A pinch Dry oregano
- For Bechamel sauce
- 500 gm Full fat milk
- 50 gm Unsalted butter
- 50 gm All purpose flour
- A pinch Grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 200 gm Mozzarella cheese
- For Garnishing
- 2 no Basil leaves
- For tomato sauce
- In a large skillet pan, heat olive oil and add chopped garlic,chopped onion and saute for a couple of minutes. Then add roughly chopped blanched Roma tomatoes, continue stir it.
- Add salt , sugar and crushed pepper, cook for 20 minutes until it becomes a perfect sauce.
- For Bechamel sauce
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan in a over medium heat , be sure don't burn the butter, add flour in it and stir continuously for a couple of minutes. whenever Roux will be getting done, add milk and whisk it until becoming sauce , finishing with sugar, salt and grated nutmeg.
- For Filling
- Heat Olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and onion saute , add all the dice cut vegetable, cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add little amount of tomato sauce and cook again, add some salt ,sugar,crushed pepper and oregano herb. cook until it becomes thick filling.
- For Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, break an egg and add salt, flour , mixing with your palms and then add water as needed, knead together well until it becomes a perfect dough and cover with a weight cloth , set aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Divided into 6 no small dough and make a flat sheet by roller or pasta machine. Cut like cannelloni size and blanch with salted boiled water for 2-4 minutes, strain well and cool it.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon a line of filling into each shell, starting from one end and using your finger to push the filling inside of each shell. Place cannelloni in prepared baking dish and cover with tomato sauce mixture.
- Bake with on the top of adding Bechamel sauce and grated mozzarella cheese, Baked for 15 minutes.
- Remove out baking tray from oven and take out cannelloni pasta by slicer.
- Place the pasta on a serving plate , garnishing with basil and garlic bread.