The Carrot Halwa roll with saffron rabri (condensed milk ) is a carrot-based sweet from Indian subcontinent cuisine. It’s so delicious and marvellous dessert recipe.
Origin and base ingredients of CARROT ROLL.
As we know, carrot Halwa is the most popular dessert in India. This dessert consists of milk, khoya, sugar, ghee and carrot these are the main ingredients for this sweet recipe. In India, carrot Halwa was known as Gajar ka Halwa, you can serve it hot or cold, same like beetroot halwa. In winter season it served as hot. But here I served a different way, that you can see in the picture. For this recipe, I prepared a thin crepe, which I used for carrot roll. The crepe is easy to make. which you can prepare at home.
Carrot roll with a saffron based condensed milk, In India it’s called Rabri. Its made with milk and sugar. Rabri prepared by boiling the milk with slow fire for a long time or until it becomes thick, and then add sugar, nuts, and spices as your liking. Carrot Halwa roll with saffron rabri is one of the foremost innovative dessert recipes.
Roll with Crepes
Crepe (thin pancake) from the cuisine of France. Basically, crepes are two types that are sweet crepes and savoury crepes. It’s made with milk, flour, sugar and butter, crepes can be served hot, cold or warm with filling the fruit base sauce or toppings. But the savoury crepes made of non-wheat flour that is buckwheat, it is gluten-free wheat so who have a gluten allergy, they can have it.
ACCOMPANIMENT OR SIDE DISHES FOR THIS RECIPE………
Its depend upon you are serving in which temperature if you are serving as a hot or warm dessert for which this sweet should have, goes with one scoop of flavoured ice cream. But when you serving as a cold dessert, in that time no need to give any accompaniment or side dish.
CARROT HALWA ROLL
- FOR CARROT HALWA
- 10 no Tender Carrot
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 4 Cup Full fat milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sweet khoya ( Reduced dry milk}
- 50 gm Whole cashew nuts
- 50 gm Raisin
- 1/2 tbsp Cardamom powder
- FOR SAFFRON RABRI
- 2.5 lit Full fat milk
- 30 gm sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- FOR SWEET CREPE
- 1 cup milk
- 2 no egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 drop Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan, add grated carrot to stir for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour milk over the carrot mixture and cook over a gentle medium slow fire for 10 – 12 minutes, add sugar, cardamom powder and grated khoa. Stir again and cook until the halwa turns a deep reddish colour. When it will be done, add roasted cashew nut and raisin.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- FOR RABRI— In a heavy saucepan, boil milk and add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron with slow medium fire. Keep on simmering the milk and stir with a spatula. When it will be thicken removed from the fire and keep in the chiller.
- FOR CREPE— Take a large mixing bowl, break an egg, add milk, flour, sugar, melted butter and vanilla essence whisk together well and strain in a bowl.
- Just keep battering 15 minutes at room temperature. Heat 12-inch heavy skillet pan and coat with butter. pour 1/3 cup of batter and cook both sides. Make 6 pieces of crepe.
- Place a crepe on the plate and put carrot Halwa on it, add a little of saffron rabri and roll it. Just make it 6 no of the carrot Halwa roll.
- Cut its slang and serve with saffron rabri and garnishing with nuts.