“Beef caldereta” is a Filipino stew that is usually prepared with beef or goat’s meat. Basically, the caldereta recipe is one type of stew made from the meat, vegetable, and liver paste. For instance, the vegetable may include are the potato. green peas, bell peppers, olives, and tomato. In Filipino, the caldereta is served at special occasions and parties. Because of this, it is the most popular dish in Filipino cuisine. Especially, they used goat meat for this recipe.
What is beef caldereta…
Cadereta is a Filipino Tagalog word, it means any meat sauce along with vegetable. Beef caldereta is flavored with tomato sauce and beef meat. It can make in various ways, that depend upon the region of the people and their liking. As a result, you can get more than 100 recipes of the caldereta. It is not only cooked with tomato sauce but also it can be cooked by different ingredients. Some of the regions, they made this recipe by using the ingredients with soya sauce and vinegar.
In Filipino, always they looking for the most healthy recipes, so they mostly like to have soup and stew dishes of their own cuisine. Jasmine rice is the best accompaniment for any caldereta recipe. Even in a fine dining restaurant, you can get roast potato as a side dish along with the caldereta.
Need to buy for a caldereta recipe.
If you are going to make a caldereta in your home, most importantly you just keep in mind that, which vegetable and ingredients you can get easily in your local market. As a result, you will not face any trouble for the buying your ingredients for this recipe.
- Any meat items that may be Beef, chicken, and goat meat.
- Ripe tomato.
- Bell pepper.
- Sweet peas.
- Onion, garlic.
- Jasmine rice.
Home style Beef caldereta
- 1 lb Diced beef Brazil
- 1 no Medium potato Peel, diced
- 1 no Medium Carrot peel, diced
- 1/2 cup Sweet peas
- 100 gm Diced bell pepper
- 300 gm Ripe large tomato Chopped
- 6 cloves garlic Fine chopped
- 1 no Large onion Fine chopped
- 2 cup Beef broth
- 3 no Dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- Salt/pepper as required
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Wash diced beef properly, strain well.
- Marinate with oil, garlic, salt, and crushed pepper. Keep aside for one hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet fry pan, add bay leaves, garlic, and onion. saute for a couple of minutes. Then add diced beef and stir it. Cook for 10 minutes. Then put all vegetable and cook for a while.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook again for more 20 minutes, cover with a lid. In between this time, check beef, if it is dry just add beef stock and cover it.
- Finishing with salt and pepper.
- Served hot with Jasmine rice.