Beef caldereta is a kind of stew, which is originally from Filipino. Consisting of beef and goat meat, which is a type of stew. It prepared with types of vegetable, meat and liver paste. Beef caldereta is a popular dish, which cooked on festival season. Especially they made with goat meat, which gives a more authentic flavour of the regions.
When you cooked with a starchy vegetable like potato, it gives consistency of the dish. As a result of it looks eye appeal.
What is beef caldereta…
Beef caldereta is flavoured with tomato sauce and beef meat. It can make in various ways, that depend upon the region of the people and their liking. As a result, you can get more than uncountable recipes of the caldereta. Some of the regions, they made this recipe by using the ingredients with soya sauce and vinegar.
However, you can add peas, carrot and potato for beef caldereta recipe. In Filipino, always they looking for the most healthy recipes, so they mostly like to have soup and stew dishes of their own cuisine
Need to buy for a caldereta recipe.
If you are going to make a caldereta in your home, most importantly you just keep in mind that, which vegetable and ingredients you can get easily in your local market. As a result, you will not face any trouble for the buying your ingredients for this recipe.
Yes, I got enough vegetable and spices in my kitchen, but I used which I need for this. Tomato paste or whole tomato plays a vital role for Beef caldereta recipe. It gives some tangy taste and when you will add your favourite spices on it, that will be Wow…
- Any meat items that may be Beef, chicken, and goat meat.
- Ripe tomato.
- Bell pepper.
- Sweet peas.
- Onion, garlic.
- Jasmine rice.
Home style Beef caldereta
- 1 lb Diced beef Brazil
- 1 no Medium potato Peel, diced
- 1 no Medium Carrot peel, diced
- 1/2 cup Sweet peas
- 100 gm Diced bell pepper
- 300 gm Ripe large tomato Chopped
- 6 cloves garlic Fine chopped
- 1 no Large onion Fine chopped
- 2 cup Beef broth
- 3 no Dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- Salt/pepper as required
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Wash diced beef properly, strain well.
- Marinate with oil, garlic, salt, and crushed pepper. Keep aside for one hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet fry pan, add bay leaves, garlic, and onion. saute for a couple of minutes. Then add diced beef and stir it. Cook for 10 minutes. Then put all vegetable and cook for a while.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook again for more 20 minutes, cover with a lid. In between this time, check beef, if it is dry just add beef stock and cover it.
- Finishing with salt and pepper.
- Served hot with Jasmine rice.