Aloo cabbage is a very popular Indian recipe that is easy to make at home. Many people have asked me to give them an easy Indian recipe that is very different from the usual recipes. Which you can find in your local grocery stores.
In Indian cuisine, you can get a lot of verities delicious dishes, which include all kind of courses. Homestyle Aloo gobi, paratha, chicken, biriyani, pulao, mutton rogan josh, and gajar ka halwa are the most popular food in India.
Cabbages are a lot lower in calories than other kinds of cabbage. Also, they are known to have high fibre. As a result of the recipe of potato, cabbage is very much good to benefit for us.
Aloo Cabbage recipe – Indian Cuisine DishCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Prepared with cabbage, potato, green peas and onions with a curry-like taste and is very healthy for its low calorie.
1 no large potato
1/2 no small cauliflower
1/2 cup green peas
3 no onion
3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 no large tomatoes
2 no green chilies
2 no red chilly whole
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp chilly powder
1/2 tbsp cumin seed
3 tbsp Mustard oil
1/2 tsp mustard seed
Salt as required
- Washed the cabbage, and potato well under the running cold water. Then julienne both vegetables, and keep aside.
Slice onion, and tomato.
- Take a heavy skillet frying pan. Heat mustard oil on over medium heat. Then add mustard seed, cumin seed, and red chilly whole for tempering, with little hing (asafoetida). When its done, put sliced onion. Stir until the onions are not getting softened.
- Then add ginger, garlic paste, and cook for a couple of minutes. At this time, you should sure the masala should not stick at bottom of the pan. Otherwise, it will give a burnt flavour.
- Then add all the spices including chilly, cumin, coriander, and salt. Stir continuously on slow fire.
- Add julienne tomatoes, then allow to cook more 4 to 5 minutes. When all masala cooked, then add cabbage, potato, and green peas. Mix well. Cover it. Slowly cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Between these times, you need to mix the vegetable by a spatula or slicer.
- Check the seasoning.
- Served hot with steamed rice or chapati.
Aloo Cabbage Ki Subzi – Indian Cuisine Dish
Aloo Cabbage recipe is a wonderful and unique Indian cuisine dish, which is the perfect fusion of Indian recipes and eastern Indian culinary tradition.
You can take this kind of home-style Indian cuisine to any of your family parties, birthday parties, weddings and so on. You can serve the aloo cabbage food recipe with your family meals, especially if you are not eating at home.
So if your family is always hungry and craving for something good, you can just make them taste this delicious dish. All the spices used in this dish are very simple and they are easily available in your kitchen.
You can easily get the ingredients of aloo cabbage recipe, at any grocery stores. In fact, the only thing you have to do is just to boil the cabbage and add all the ingredients to your own personal taste.
When you are going to make the recipe of potato, and cabbage, you have to make an ingredients list.
These ingredients will keep you satisfied and will definitely provide you with the best homemade dishes ever!
Potato can be used both for its taste and its health benefits. The recipe of aloo cabbage has been used for centuries for a variety of different foods such as curries.
And it is also to make a curry which is used by most Indians for preparing several kinds of dishes. You can also make this Aloo casserole and eat it with some fresh fruits or vegetables.