A Creamy Tri Color Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad, is served as a delicious side dish or a salad. This tasty and colorful florets salad also makes an excellent addition to your new year menu, especially at Easter time when you’re looking for something other than the usual ham or turkey to impress your guests with
(broccoli and cauliflower salad)
A few hours to overnight is best. It’s even better if you can chill it overnight, but if you don’t have that much time, one hours or 30 minutes will be okay.
If possible, make it at least one hours before serving so that your flavors can meld together! Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips From Chef
Many people believe cauliflower is bland, but with a few simple tricks it can be made into a creamy florets salad. First, boil or blanch (not steam) your cauliflower.
Boiling will take away some of its bitterness, while steaming will not. When boiling, avoid salt at all costs! Salt will draw out more water from your cauliflower’s stalks, leaving you with soggy Florets instead of tender florets.
Next prepare dressing by mixing honey mustard with mayonnaise in a bowl along with raisins to give texture and flavor to your creamy Florets salad.
- 1 cup broccoli florets (small, blanched)
- 1 cup tri color cauliflower florets (small, blanched)
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (blanched)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (eggless)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream (no sugar)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp raisin
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- dried parsley flakes
- dill weed
Preparation of florets salad
- In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients: whisk until well blended, chill at least one hour before serving.
- Toss carrots and broccoli florets with half of dressing in medium bowl: cover and chill.
- Then toss cauliflower florets with half of dressing in medium bowl: cover and chill
- Add raisins to chilled broccoli florets just before serving.
- To serve, arrange broccoli on platter or individual bowl: top with cauliflower mixture and garnish as desired.
- The creamy florets salad is also great served over a bed of lettuce leaves for an attractive presentation that doubles as finger food for parties.